What to do? What to do?
For starters, here's a funny video on YouTube:
Ok, now what?
I have half a mind to pop a bottle of wine open and get plastered so I can sleep, but I'm not gonna do that. It's a school night, after all, and I have to be at work for a meeting by 8:00 AM. Well, I don't really have to be at work. I can just dial in to the conference bridge, put my phone on mute, and pretend that I'm listening to all the damned goobers talk and feel good about themselves. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.
I'm staring at my corkboard right now out of sheer boredom. What do I see?
- A Blue Dog postcard, one of the two that Bill and I took from the Rodrigue gallery in Carmel.
- A bottle label from Jones Soda with my picture on it, which Bill got me for my birthday three years ago.
- My 2007 car registration slip and license plate sticker. I received it back in March, but I still haven't put the sticker on my car. Tempting fate again, I guess.
- Three old SF Giants baseball tickets.
- A Google Calendar printout for the month of July. I suppose I should print out the August one and tear July down.
- A keychain from Cheers in Boston.
- A hotel room key from the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
- A hotel room key from the W in New Orleans.
- Unchecked lottery tickets.
- My old police department photo ID.
- A turkey feather, found on one of our hikes.
- Lots of other random things.
So did you hear about Mel Gibson the drunk? He was busted in Malibu for DUI. Apparently, drunk-as-a-skunk Mel launched into an expletive-filled tirade against the arresting officers when he was stopped. Out of his mouth spewed anti-Semitic and sexist vitriol. Heh. Can't say that I'm surprised. After all, his movie sparked protests from the Jewish community. And his father is a known anti-Semite, and a Holocaust denier to boot. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?
Then he issues an apology through his publicist, claiming, among other things, that he didn't mean what he said to the officers at the time of his arrest. But... you know what they say about alcohol... in vino veritas. Of course, he meant it. hahaha
Ok, I think I'll TRY again to get some sleep. Hasta la bam bam!