So, what would you do? Let's make this a little bit less cliché. No typical answers like "I would buy a house in Atherton" or "I would go on a round-the-world tour" or "I'll get a bright yellow Lamborghini Murcielago".
No "I'll buy my mom a mansion" or "I'll eat at every single restaurant that has 3 Michelin stars".
No "I'm getting a 500-inch ultra-super-duper high-def TV" or "Prada will clothe me from head to toe".
Limit it to self-improvement endeavors. If you won the lottery jackpot and never had to work a day in your life again, what would you do?
My list is fairly short.
- Cooking lessons, either at the California Culinary Academy in SF or at Le Cordon Bleu in France. Or maybe I'll go to Italy and find a live-in school in Tuscany. Or maybe I'll go to all of the above.
- Singing lessons. Yes, you heard me. I'll hire a vocal coach to improve my chicken-squawk singing voice. So I can go to karaoke bars and actually sing in public.
- Liposuction. Gotta get rid of this excess mass in my midsection somehow. And money allows for shortcuts.
- Personal trainer. This would be after I got the lipo. LOL
- Total foreign language immersion. Spanish. In Spain. Madrid, to be exact. I thought about French, but Spanish is more useful in the US. Of course, being Filipino, I have to do Castillian instead of Latin American. Which is why I'll go to Spain instead of Mexico.
- Braces. Invisalign. 'nuff said.
- Maybe I'll have my ears pulled back (pulled in?) just a tad, so they don't stick out like handlebars. These damned flappers are the reason why I can never wear ballcaps.
- Some kind of wine appreciation class.
- Piano lessons.
- Baking lessons. Yes, cooking isn't the same as baking. Actually, I mostly just want to learn the art of breadmaking. Cakes, not so much.